As cannabis products become more popular, people are starting to wonder what terpenes are and if they are useful. Like CBD and other cannabinoids, terpenes each have their own unique set of properties. Terpenes give weed its taste and smell and are also responsible for many of the therapeutic effects of cannabis.
Although terpenes are not high-inducing, they are still a significant part of the cannabis experience, both recreationally and medically.
In this blog post, we will cover common weed terpenes and why they are so important. We will also explore whether mainstream wellness consumers are ready for them and how to buy terpenes in Canada.
What Are Terpenes?
Terpenes are aromatic compounds found in plants. There are over 150 different terpenes in the cannabis plant, each with its own distinctive set of benefits and effects.
The most common terpenes include:
- Limonene: A citrusy terpene known for its uplifting and mood-enhancing effects. This terpene is typically used to reduce stress and has potential antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Myrcene: This earthy terpene is found in mangoes, basil, and lemongrass. It helps with relaxation and is a common sleep aid.
- Linalool: A floral terpene that is found in lavender and coriander. Linalool is known for its stress-relieving and anxiety-reducing effects.
- Humulene: A woody terpene found in hops and basil. Humulene is known for calming the mind and providing mood boosting effects.
- Eucalyptol: This terpene is found in eucalyptus, rosemary, and bay leaves. It has a cooling effect and is often used to relieve inflammation and promote alertness.
Do Mainstream Wellness Consumers Want Terpenes?
Now that we know what terpenes are, the next question is: do mainstream wellness consumers want them? The answer seems to be a resounding yes!
A quick search on Amazon for "terpenes weed" brings up several different products, ranging from essential oils to concentrates.
It's clear that people are interested in weed terpenes and what they can do for their health. In addition, terpenes offer a host of potential benefits, including reducing stress, relieving anxiety, boosting mood, and calming the mind.
With cannabis becoming more mainstream, it's only a matter of time before terpenes become household names. So, if you're thinking about trying them, now is a perfect time! If you're consuming cannabis products, you've already ingested weed terpenes and may not know it.
Mainstream cannabis consumers are already familiar with cannabinoids like CBD and THC, so the introduction of terpenes will be a smooth one.
In addition, terpenes are not intoxicating, which means that people of all ages and backgrounds can enjoy them. If you're looking for a new way to improve your health and wellbeing, terpenes may be the answer for you.
You don’t even need to consume cannabis to get the benefit of terpenes, as you can buy and use them just as you would any other aromatherapy product.
Why Are Terpenes Important?
Terpenes are essential not only because they play a significant role in the cannabis experience. Since they aren't intoxicating, they can offer a way to enjoy the benefits of terpenes on their own, without consuming any cannabis. Not only do they provide a wide range of benefits, but they also come in different forms, so there's something for everyone.
With cannabis curiosity at an all-time high, terpenes are also the perfect way to introduce people to the world of weed.
Terpenes are also responsible for the entourage effect, which is when different cannabinoids work together to produce a more effective result.
The Entourage Effect
The entourage effect happens when different cannabinoids work together to produce a more therapeutic effect. Although the entourage effect is still a relatively new theory, a growing body of evidence supports it.
One study found that terpenes play a significant role in the entourage effect and that different terpenes produce different results when combined with cannabinoids.
It's clear that the entourage effect is something worth exploring and that terpenes are essential for delivering consumers the highest possible level of relief.
In fact, the entourage effect is why full-spectrum and broad-spectrum CBD products are so popular. Full-spectrum products contain all the plant's cannabinoids, including terpenes. Broad-spectrum products include most of the plant's cannabinoids but without any trace of THC.
Both full-spectrum and broad-spectrum products provide all the benefits of terpenes, as well as the entourage effect. If you're looking for a cannabis product that will offer the most therapeutic benefits, then it's important to look for one that contains terpenes.
Terpenes Are Available in Many Different Delivery Methods
As terpenes in weed grow in popularity, they are also becoming available in many different delivery methods. You can find them in oils, vape cartridges, topicals, and edibles and as aromatherapy oils. These various choices make it easier for mainstream cannabis consumers to find a delivery method that suits their needs.
Whether using terpenes on their own or with a cannabis product, each delivery method has its own distinct set of benefits. For example, if you're looking for quick relief, then using a terpene candle, oil diffuser, vaping, or using a topical may be the best option. On the other hand, if you're looking for more extended results, consuming terpenes in food, beverage, and edibles may be the better option.
Various terpene products are available, each designed to provide specific benefits to the general public.
Our terpene formulations include:
- Terpene Therapy: centered around the natural benefits of aromatherapy, use these liquid terpenes just as you would any other essential oil, or try a unique terpene candle.
- Terpene Isolates: Our terpenes are steam distilled and isolated from botanical sources. We offer a variety of liquid terpene isolates, perfect for getting to know each terpene individually, as well as making your own blends.
- Terpene Blends: This method combines different terpenes isolates to create a unique effect. Terpene blends are often used in aromatherapy or as an alternative to essential oils. We offer a wide variety of custom effects-based terpene blends, as well as our very popular cannabis strain inspired terpene blends.
- Terpene Infusions: This method involves infusing the desired terpenes into your existing routine. This can be done by adding drops of our liquid terpenes into oils, food, beverage, topicals, oil diffuser, or by using our patent pending BudBoosters to infuse terpenes into dried cannabis flower.
No matter which method you choose, make sure to research and purchase products from a reputable source. We are very proud that CannTerp has recently won ADCANN’s 2021 Accessory Brand of the Year award.
Are You Ready for Terpenes?
If you want to buy terpenes in Canada, now is a perfect time. Available terpene products offer many potential benefits, and mainstream wellness consumers are ready for them.
People of all ages and backgrounds can enjoy terpenes, so don't be afraid to give them a try today. All our terpenes are steam distilled, 100% pure and never diluted, non-GMO and food grade.
What are your thoughts on terpenes? Have you tried them yet? Let us know in the comments below.
Looking for a way to improve your health and wellbeing? At CannTerp, we have a wide range of terpene isolates and terpene infusions in Canada. Check out our selection of cannabis strain profile terpenes and click here to buy terpenes in Canada.